Judge Jennifer Alcorta Waters
One-third of Martin County Court Cases; Mental Health Court; Assist with Felony and Juvenile Drug Court; Supervision of Traffic Magistrates for all Civil Traffic matters; Assist Circuit Civil Non-Jury Cases- 25% (from time of filing) excluding Residential and Commercial Mortgage Foreclosure Cases
- Partner, Fox, Wackeen, Dungey, Beard, Bush, Goldman, Waters, Robison, van Vonno & McCluskey, LLP (June of 2002 – June 2018) Stuart, FL
- Civil litigator with a primary focus on all aspects of marital and family law, including, but not limited to: divorce, paternity, postjudgment modification, enforcement actions, including child support enforcement and modification, antenuptial and cohabitation agreements, and Guardian Ad Litem reports and recommendations
- Associate, McConnaughhay, Duffy, Coonrod, Pope & Weaver, P.A.. (2001-2002) Tallahassee, FL
- Civil litigation legal practice focusing on Workers’ Compensation Insurance Defense
- Adjunct Instructor, Florida Atlantic University (2008-2009)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law Gainesville, FL
- J.D. with honors, May 2001
- Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Team, final four competitor, and Executive
Board Member (2001)
- Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NC
- B.A. in English and Communications, Magna Cum Laude, 1998
- Boston University, London Internship Programme London, England 1997
- Martin County Bar Association Member President 2014-2015; Vice President 2013-2014;
Treasurer 2012-2013; Secretary 2011-2012; Family Law Committee Member; Past
Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Division; Co-Chair of the Social Committee 2010-2011
- Major B. Harding American Inn of Court Member President 2011-2013; President
Elect 2010-2011; Vice President 2009-2010; Treasurer 2008-2009
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, founding member of local chapter, Executive
committee member (2009-2010; 2013-2014)
- Children’s Museum of the Treasure Coast, Executive Member, Past President
- Arts Council of Martin County Board Member term concluded in 2007
To set a hearing, please call the Judge’s office at 772-288-5556.
Small claims Pretrial Conferences and dockets will occur on Tuesday mornings and will be scheduled by the Clerk. Trials from those dockets shall be set at the pretrial conference.
All mandatory traffic, non-criminal citations, etc., will be scheduled on the first Wednesday of the month.
Judge Waters is restricted by principles of Judicial Ethics from communicating about pending cases outside of hearings. Communication to the judge without prior notice to opposing party is “ex parte” and improper except in certain specific circumstances. Judge Waters is generally not permitted to read or consider ex parte communications. Therefore, the opposing party MUST be copied on any and all documents submitted to the Judge.
Neither the Judge, nor her Judicial Assistant may provide any party with legal advice.